Color Swatch: Juicy Reds
If you're interested in the swatches and the various products I like to use for red lips and cheeks, then be sure to read more!
Now let's cut the small talk and get to the swatches!
- The first one of the batch and it's not even a sheer red haha Just to include some variety I've included one of my only opaque reds. The matte colorburst chubby lip pencils from Revlon are very opaque and creamy. This is a dark, red with a matte finish that doesn't leave the lips feeling dry.
2. Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm #11 Two Ton Tomato
- This is a much sheerer, red-orange color. It's glossy and very moisturizing on the lips. For all of my lip products I use a lip balm before I apply the product, but for this one it's not necessary. It's still decently pigmented and very buildable for a pigmented red lip if you so desire. To see my review on this click here
3. Tarte Natural Cheek Stain in True Love
- This is a gel like cheek stain. It's a sample size so it's much smaller than the full sized product just for reference. This is a sheer, red-pink shade that gives a really natural flush to the face. It's very sheer and perfect for people who love a natural look. I love this product and use it almost every time I choose to wear blush. Read my full review here
4. Josie Maran Coconut Water Cheek Gelee in Pink Escape
- This is another gel type blush. As you can see I love gel blushes because they give a very natural flush to the face. I love to use my e.l.f small stipple brush to apply this to get an even, blended finish. It can be slightly difficult to use your fingers with this product.
5. Almay Liquid Lip Balm in #300 Apple a Day
- This is a really lovely red shade. It's called a liquid lip balm but in my opinion it's basically a moisturizing lip gloss. It has medium pigmentation, but it's also sheer and glossy. It makes a great product to top off a matte product like the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm, or to wear alone for a more natural look. It also has a delicious vanilla like scent.
6. Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment
- This has an SPF 15 which is a nice addition to a lip product. The Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment line is some of the best lip products. The price is steep for a lip balm, but it's seriously the best lip balm I have ever used. The original, untinted one remains my favorite, but the Rose one is also one of my staples. I like to use it when I use Benetint to give moisture, shine, and an extra little tint to my lips. As you can see from the swatch it's not very pigmented, but the moisture it provides is exceptional.
7. Sephora Lush Flush Lip and Cheek Stain
- This product functions much like that of Benefit's Benetint except it has a gel texture instead of a liquid texture like Benetint. It gives a dark red stain to the lips and cheeks and it stains quickly so be sure to blend fast! It can be drying so it's the kind of product I would use with the Fresh Sugar Rose product.